How does remote call handling and appointment booking work?
The Appointment Booking and Diary Management offered by The Salon Genie provides you with experienced receptionists who, between them, book hundreds of appointments every day so are used to guiding callers to the most convenient appointment.
Your salon diary is the single most important element when it comes to your salon profits. So it is important that it is managed effectively to maximise the appointment times.
Salons that use our services report:
- Reductions in the number of gaps between appointments
- Increase in profits as the diary is fuller
- Ability to schedule stylists and technicians to clients rather than keeping someone available to answer the phone
The Salon Genie work with a variety of Appointment Booking and Diary Management systems depending on what our Salons use. The Genies have worked with a number of Salon Management software as well as simple diary systems. We even work with Salons who run paper diaries!
You have a variety of options to choose from:
- You can switch from your paper diary to a simple online Google diary
- You can give us remote access to your computerised salon management system
- You can send us your free appointments for the next week so we can book appointments whilst you are closed
- You could use an internet based system.
So how does Remote Call Handling work?
You divert your calls to us, either all your calls or just those you can’t get to because all your staff are busy or you are on the other line (we call that overflow!). The Salon Genies answer them, book the appointments and email you the confirmation.
Now there are companies out there that will answer the calls, take a name and a number and send you the message to call back. But, we all know that it can take 2 or 3 calls to get hold of your client again, and 9 times out of 10 they no longer have their diary with them. So, it’s much easier and quicker to book the appointment when they are on the line.
If you tell us your prices, length of appointments and any other specific information the Genies can answer your caller’s questions. We call it Call Handling because where possible we like to send you a message that you don’t have to action because it tells you how we have handled it for you! So if they want to check when their next appointment is we look in the diary for them, if they want to know what a treatment costs we will tell them, if they want directions to the salon or to know where the nearest parking is – we will guide them in!
In fact, you can consider the Genies to be your receptionist – the only things we can’t do is greet clients on arrival, take their coats and make them a coffee or sign for parcels.
You will benefit from:
- Never missing a call or sending it to a voicemail – which is great considering 70% of callers won’t leave a voicemail and 80% of first time callers will find someone else rather than call back if they don’t get through first time.
- 90% of your calls handled without your input or need to return that call – thanks to the detailed brief you will be asked for.
- A better service for your clients – no longer will you have to abandon a client mid colour or pedicure to answer the phone.
- Excellent telephone service for your clients – they no longer need to be rushed off the phone so that you can get back to the clients in salon.
The Salon genies can help:
- when your salon is closed or your receptionist is away
- when you would like us to answer the calls you can’t get to because you are on the other line
- if you want to put all your calls through to us
Even if you have us on stand by to answer all your calls, you will find the service costs a lot less than a Full Time Receptionist. No worrying about another employee, finding them things to do so they don’t sit at the front of the salon looking bored.
The biggest benefit we offer over 'telephone answering' companies is that we understand your pressures as a Salon Owner and can fully understand how daunting you find the concept. Talk to Jenny, she knows just how you feel – find out more by clicking here
If you would like to find out more then please call us on 01604 53 20 20 or drop us a line to firstname.lastname@example.org.